Tuvalu 2 Dollars 2019 2oz Silver Alien 40th Anniversary Antiqued Coin. Η γνησιότητα όλων των προϊόντων μας είναι εγγυημένη εφ όρου ζωής ενώ τυχόν ιδιαιτερότητες – ελαττώματα περιγράφονται αναλυτικά εφόσον υπάρχουν. (Κωδ. 6225)
Sold Out at the Mint! This Alien Commemorative Coin Is Sure to Grab Your Attention
The immortal tagline for the 1979 film Alien™ was simple yet effective: “In space, no one can hear you scream.” And if you miss out on this creepy new release that commemorates the film’s 40th anniversary, you’ll be the one doing the screaming – and plenty of it!
Directed by Ridley Scott, Alien is one of the most iconic horror films ever made. Between the incredible sets, the taught storyline, and scary creature effects based on the art of H.R. Giger, it had theater goers around the world on the edge of their seats! You’d think it would be impossible to produce a coin that could capture the movie’s intense thrills, but Australia’s world-renowned Perth Mint has done just that with this deliciously chilling coin!
Struck in two full ounces of highly-pure 99.99% silver, the $2 legal-tender coin shows both the bony “face hugger” that started the fateful adventure, and what it evolved into – a gruesome-looking alien rendered in a luminous green color, its jaw extended as if about to strike. Both sides of the coin have also been given an antique finish that adds a mysterious depth to the coin that’s sure to delight any collector. Below the high-relief design, the word ALIEN is spelled out in the same ominous type that opened the film against the backdrop of legendary composer Jerry Goldsmith’s sinister score. Fans of the movie and collectors looking for something unique and unusual will not be disappointed.
The artisans at the Perth Mint weren’t satisfied at creating this impressive coin alone. They took the whole production a step further by coming up with packaging that truly captures one of the most terrifying scenes in horror film history. The coin comes housed in a colored egg-shaped case inspired by the hundreds of pods discovered by the space explorers in the film. The case opens to reveal four pink petal-shaped membranes. And, when the case is opened, the coin actually rises upward – just like the alien’s slimy larvae form in the film! It won’t grab your face like film version, but it WILL grab your attention!
Officially licensed by Twentieth Century Fox, just 1,500 of these stunning coin-and-presentation sets were scheduled to be released on behalf of the island nation of Tuvalu and they have already been announced as being sold out at the mint. A number that small, for a film as popular as Alien seems just, well, “alien” to our sensibilities! If you’re a fan of the film, or know of a fan, this coin is an absolute, no-doubt-about-it, hands down must-have. Grab one of these incredible coins now!
- 40TH ANNIVERSARY OF LEGENDARY FILM – This coin is released to commemorate the 40th anniversary of the film Alien. It depicts the film’s monster in both its larvae and adult forms on one side, while the obverse features the portrait of Queen Elizabeth II along with the coin’s date, silver content, denomination and country of issue.
- STRUCK IN HIGHLY-PURE SILVER – Each 2019 Alien 40th Anniversary Coin was struck in two full ounces of highly-pure 99.99% silver.
- LEGAL TENDER COINAGE – These Two-Ounce Silver Alien 40th Anniversary Coins are $2 legal tender in Tuvalu, a South pacific island nation located hallway between Hawaii and Australia.
- GRITTY ANTIQUE FINISH – Your 2019 Tuvalu Two-Ounce Silver Alien 40th Anniversary Coins comes with a special antiqued finish to highlight every detail of its high-relief design.
- AMAZING MINT PACKAGING – The original packaging from the mint for this release consists of an egg-shaped display case that resembles an alien pod from the film. When opened, the coin actually rises!
- EXTREMELY SMALL MINTAGE – There are only 1,500 of these 2019 Tuvalu Two-Ounce Silver Alien 40th Anniversary Antiqued Coins available for worldwide release and they are completely sold out at the mint. Each will come with a numbered Certificate of Authenticity.